Book Review: Opposition by Jennifer L Armentrout

12:21 PM Vi Win Win 0 Comments



Katy knows the world changed the night the Luxen came. She can't believe Daemon welcomed his race or stood by as his kind threatened to obliterate every last human and hybrid on Earth. But the lines between good and bad have blurred, and love has become an emotion that could destroy her—could destroy them all. Daemon will do anything to save those he loves, even if it means betrayal. They must team with an unlikely enemy if there is any chance of surviving the invasion. But when it quickly becomes impossible to tell friend from foe, and the world is crumbling around them, they may lose everything— even what they cherish most—to ensure the survival of their friends…and mankind. War has come to Earth. And no matter the outcome, the future will never be the same for those left standing.


Oh boy, what can I say about this book, about this series, except for GET IT NOW, READ IT NOW, THANK ME LATER. Endings are pretty hard to do well, in my opinion. You build up this amazing, gut-wrenching series, and a bad ending can wreck the whole thing. Luckily for us, JLA is a champion writer and doesn’t hold anything back when it comes to Opposition. This book was really everything I was hoping for and more. Not only do you get an amazing story filled with love, drama, action, and intrigue that can stand on its own, but you also get a stellar conclusion for these characters you’ve grown so attached to.

Daemon Black, you irresistible, devil-may-care, fierce, yet charming piece of male specimen, you! Jen definitely made Daemon’s character come full circle throughout this series. Seeing how much Katy has changed and affected him and how strong their love is was just amazing. I seriously love them as a couple and I know I’ve said it before, but they are one of my all-time favorite YA couples. Their relationship progressed at a good pace, they grew separately as individuals and as a couple, and learned so much from each other. Sure the steamy moments were great and you can’t help but love that DB charm, but it’s how they managed to get through all that craziness with the DOD and the Luxen that shows how genuine and wonderful their relationship really is. He is definitely the star of this series.

Katy was just as great in the book, too. She’s come a long way since the beginning and so many things have rocked this girl’s world, yet she’s remained so strong throughout it all. I’ll tell you, some more crazy stuff happens to Katy has this book progresses, I really felt for her, but even when she breaks down, she still manages to hold it together and kick some butt in the process. I might even have a girl crush on her now!

And all the secondary characters?! I loved them all! Archer is easily a favorite of mine, and so is Luc. Dee kind of annoyed me in this book, despite it not particularly being her fault. Oh, and we get some face time with Hunter, that sexy Arum! Ah, to get a chance to know Lor or Sin?! Sigh…I actually really enjoyed all the scenes with the Arum in it and I loved how Jen incorporated them into the story, giving them such pivotal roles during this crazy Luxen invasion.

I will admit, there was one part, right before the ending, that I could’ve done without. It added some unnecessary drama in an otherwise fine ending, but I didn’t mind it much. Also, I definitely hated that it ended so soon. It ended well, don’t get me wrong, but I would’ve loved a couple more 100 pages or so, just to quell my need for all things Daemon Black.

Opposition was definitely the perfect ending to an outstanding series. I loved every minute of it. Jen truly grips at your emotions with this book, making you have all the feels for these characters and this story. Any fan of the series would be crazy not to read this conclusion, and if you haven’t check out this series, now is the perfect time to do so and binge read it, because you won’t be able to put this series down! All my love to the Lux series, and Daemon & Katy. Way to leave a reader feeling satisfied and fulfilled, Jen! This will definitely be one series I’ll look forward to re-reading again and again in the future.

0 comments: