Lux Read-Along: Week 9

12:00 AM Vi Win Win 2 Comments


Welcome to Week NINE (the last week!!!!) of The Lux Series Read-Along. I can't believe this read-along is practically over and that Opposition releases next week! It's been real fun reading this series with you guys!

If you want to know more about the Read-Along, sign up for it, and get all the details, check out this page here. You'll find links to all the weekly posts on that page, too.

Missed last week's discussion? You can find it here.

REMEMBER: In order to be eligible for the prizes, you must SIGN UP and then answer the questions via the Google Form below.

Now, let's discuss what you read during the week, Origin, Chapters 16-31.

Here's what I thought about the chapters I read so far:

Sigh, reading this last half again makes me both happy and also sad. SO much happens in these final chapters. Friends are lost, happy times ensue for D&K, and we get a whopper of an ending. All this just makes me extra excited for Opposition and seeing how it all ends. Will there be a happy ending for them all?


Thank you all for your feedback on the first half of Origin. I loved all your responses about the book. Here's what some readers had to say:

Asmaa says "I liked when Daemon told his brother Dawson "I’ll burn the world down to save her" it shows how much Daemon loved Katy and how much he'll do to get her back, and also Chapter 14 when they were in the bathroom trying to make plans for their escape and he accidentally thought at her that she is beautiful and he was so, so desperately in love with her >> that was super cute"

kelly nagy says "This book was just crazy good. it took the series to a whole new level. Really makes you think about the government and what they could be capable and probably are capable of doing. The research the secrets everything...kind of makes you really really think about running off the grid to an island somewhere and being totally self sustaining. LOL JLA is a genius."

There are TWO forms below for you to fill out, one regarding the last few chapters we all read in Origin and the other for your thoughts on the Read-Along as a whole. I'd love to know your feedback and thoughts on this. I'll have the WRAP-UP post up some time next Monday (although I'll probably contact the winners before then to get names and details for personalization of books), after I tally up the results, work out all the prize details, and tie up loose ends.

REMEMBER: You only have until Aug 2nd to answer this and any of the other questions you may have missed. Sorry that the time is cramped for the last set of questions, but I'll definitely need enough time to tally up results for the trivia questions and such.

If you have any questions, just let me know in the comments or email me. I'll discuss all my thoughts and anything else I have to say in the WRAP-UP post! See you then!

So what did you think of the book so far?



Don't forget to join in on the conversation on Twitter - #LuxReadAlong and in the FB Group, too!



Happy reading!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for all of your hard work & time! It has been so much fun to read along with other fans and a few newbies! Just the perfect way to get all stoked for Opposition!! See you at ApollyCon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very big thanks to you, Vi for putting this all together. It was even more fun than last year's Covenant series read along.

    ReplyDelete