My Review of Tempting the Bodyguard by J. Lynn

9:33 AM Vi Win Win 0 Comments

He can protect her from everyone except himself. 
Alana Gore is in danger. A take-no-prisoners publicist, her way with people has made her more than a few enemies over the years, but a creepy stalker is an entirely different matter. She needs a bodyguard, and the only man she can ask is not only ridiculously hot, but reputed to have taste for women that goes beyond adventurous. 
Chandler Gamble has one rule: don't protect anyone you want to screw. But with Alana, he's caught between his job and his increasingly hard libido. On one hand, Alana needs his help. On the other, Chandler wants nothing more than to take the hot volcano of a woman in hand. To make her writhe in pleasure, until she's at his complete mercy.
She needs protection. He needs satisfaction. And the moment the line is crossed, all hell will break loose...


Oh, it was so wonderful to finally be back in this world again. I missed the Gamble brothers so much! Lynn, of course, does not disappoint, and I believe she saved the best Gamble brother for last. I didn’t think it would happen, but I have to admit that Chandler has become my favorite and I simply loved and devoured his romantic story with Alana. I love that Lynn can take a tried and true trope, add her own little spin on it, and turn it into something irresistible and unforgettable.

Easily my favorite part of this book was the dialogue between Alana and Chandler. Lynn just has a way with words! I loved watching these two butt heads and the sexual tension rolling of them was enough to ignite a room full of candles, it was so hot! You take a “stick in the mud”, uptight character like Alana and mix her with a kinky alpha male like Chandler, and you know you’re in for one hell of a steamy ride.

What surprised me the most, and seriously made me fall for Chandler, was how caring he was. He’s definitely you’re rough-around-the-edges tough guy on the outside, but on the inside, it can quote poetic with the best of them. He was the perfect mix of a sexy exterior and a romantic interior that enhanced his appeal so well. Add a bit of kink, and you’ve got yourself a stand-out guy. I loved how he knew he wanted her and stopped at nothing to get her. Yes, Alana was the resistant one here, and I like it when the author does this twist because it’s fun to see the chase. And Chandler loves the chase!

I don’t think I can describe him with any justice so you’ll really have to read the book to see just how amazing and irresistible he is. And trust me, you’ll want to read this book. Easily the best of the series, Chandler Gamble as solidified his place on my list of (adult) book boyfriends and given his brothers a run for their money. Another win for Lynn and her excellent skills. Loved. This. Book!

0 comments: