Lux Read-Along: Week 5

12:00 AM Vi Win Win 0 Comments


Welcome to Week FIVE of The Lux Series Read-Along. If you want to know more about the Read-Along, sign up for it, and get all the details, check out this page here. You'll find links to all the weekly posts on that page, too.

Missed last week's discussion? You can find it here.

REMEMBER: In order to be eligible for the prizes, you must SIGN UP and then answer the questions via the Google Form below.

Now, let's discuss what you read during the week, Onyx, Chapters 17-36.

Here's what I thought about the chapters I read so far:

It was cool seeing Katy explore her newfound powers and despite Blake's every-growing creepiness, it was necessary for Katy to control her powers. It was definitely a slippery slope for Daemon and Katy's relationship though. One of my favorite parts was definitley when Daemon helped Katy film a video. Too funny and cute! Oh and ugh, I swear, the end of Chapter 30 and then Chapter 31 gets me every time. It's like, I keep wishing it would change, even though I know the outcome. My heart totally broke for these characters.


Thank you all for your feedback on Shadows and the first half of Onyx. I loved all your responses about the books so far. Here's what some readers had to say:

Kaytee Hawse says "I love when Daemon finally starts showing his sweet side in this one! Makes me so happy to see him show his true self and not continue to act closed off. Also, I hate reading about Blake knowing what's to come"

Zili Robins says "I love Katy's snark and approach to dealing with the aliens: "Either I was turning into an alien, about to have one crawl its way out of my stomach, or I was crazy." She did start to get on my nerves when she refused to see how into her he was. She's very stubborn, but then I guess this is why they work and have fab banter!"


Be sure to come back here next Monday to discuss the chapters we read and answer some questions for your chance at winning some pretty cool prizes!

Next up, we'll be reading Opal, Chapters 1-18.

No one is like Daemon Black. When he set out to prove his feelings for me, he wasn’t fooling around. Doubting him isn’t something I’ll do again, and now that we’ve made it through the rough patches, well... There’s a lot of spontaneous combustion going on. But even he can’t protect his family from the danger of trying to free those they love. After everything, I’m no longer the same Katy. I’m different... And I’m not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I’m capable of. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won’t turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever. Together we’re stronger... and they know it.


So what did you think of the book so far?


Don't forget to join in on the conversation on Twitter - #LuxReadAlong and in the FB Group, too!

See you all next week.

Happy reading!

0 comments: