Spin-Off New: The Titan Series - The Return

9:00 AM Vi Win Win 0 Comments

Still reeling from a fantastic Sentinel Release Party that happened this weekend, I wanted to officially post the news here about Jen's BIG reveal.



Yep, ICYMI, Jen will be writing a spin-off of the Covenant series, dubbed the Titan series, which will be based on Seth and a mystery mortal girl. The first book is called The Return and will come out February 2015. I know, it's a crazy long wait, but I know it'll be well worth it.

Here's what Jen had to say about it:

1. The Return will be in dual POV (Seth and our main protagonist)
2. You have NOT met the female lead yet.
3. The female lead has absolutely no knowledge of gods and any of that
4. Since it’s a Titan novel, you can expect… the Titans.
5. Apollo will be all up in the book, because well, it’s Apollo and I sort of like him.
6. Deacon and Luke will make appearances, but other main characters will not be featured in this series. (Not giving details to avoid as much spoilers as possible)
7. The biggest difference is that the Titan series will be New Adult paranormal. And here’s the reason why. I never gave Seth’s birthday, but he’s always been well over the age of 18 years old, and I really have no real reason bringing him into a high school environment without making him look like a creeper. And he already has enough creeper tendencies as is, so he really is too old for YA. Does that mean the book will be inappropriate for younger readers? Absolutely not. Will it have more adult content? Probably. I mean, Seth was always borderline inappropriate, but my YA books have that, so….
8. And it will be releasing in early 2015, tentatively February 2015 in both print and digital.

What do you all think of the placeholder cover? Remember, it's not the final cover! I still like it though, and Jen and fans at the event were particularly diggin' the "one tear drop" look.

Other thoughts and stuff related to the event I detailed (with pictures) on my other blog, and you can check out that post here.

Btw, I am going to eventually post that Covenant Read-Along wrap-up post! I'm aiming for either Friday or before that, if I can manage it. It will happen though! Oh, and I have an exclusive interview to post with Jen regarding the Obsidian movie/Covenant TV show, so be on the lookout for that, too!

0 comments: