Covenant Read-Along: Week 6

12:00 AM Vi Win Win 0 Comments



Welcome to Week SIX of The Covenant Series Read-Along. If you want to know more about the Read-Along, sign up for it, and get all the details, check out this page here. You'll find links to all the weekly posts on that page, too.

Missed last week's discussion? You can find it here.

REMEMBER: In order to be eligible for the prizes, you must SIGN UP and then answer the questions via the Google Form below.

Now, let's discuss what you read during the week, Pure, Chapters 14-27.

Here's what I thought about the chapters I read so far:

Oh, boy! The BREW scene! That was BEYOND hilarious and easily one of my favorite "Alex" moments. When she said she wanted to marry Seth's bed, I seriously busted out laughing the first time around and this time, I still cracked up! Oh, Jen and her humor! Anyways, the latter half of Pure takes place in the NY Covenant and we get to meet some very disturbing characters. I seriously hate Telly even more now! The bastard! In-keeping with my new views on Seth, I really do feel like he's better for Alex as a friend as opposed to a lover. They have chemistry, sure, but their personalities clash SO much and he undermines/disrespects her too much for my liking. He doesn't really see Alex as much of an equal and think he knows best. I don't know why I didn't see it before! I genuinely liked Seth when I read this Pure the first time around and it's crazy all the things I'm seeing now that I'm reading it again. Also, the fight scene at the end with the furies?! Awesome!!! And, Aiden...that selfless bastard! I just want to hug him!

Here's what some readers had to say about Pure, Chapters 1-13:

Jennifer says "I loved how the book started with Alex being her typical self and getting into trouble for chucking an apple at Lea. I laughed when she said to Marcus she didn't expect it to break Lea's nose!"

Stephanie Zhang says "Caleb's Death? Saddest Part. Makes me teary every time I read it"

Dana Cuadrado says "This is my favorite book of the series! I love the zoo scene so much and even the rejection scene as weird as that sounds. It shows how deeply Aiden care's for Alex even if Alex can't tell."

Monique's favorite quote is “I think… I’ll remember how you looked last night for the rest of my life. Gods, you were so beautiful.”

Heather Self's favorite quote is "Oh shut up. The docs will fix it. Half you face is plastic anyway."


Be sure to come back here next Friday to discuss the chapters we read and answer some questions for your chance at winning some pretty cool prizes!

Next up, we'll be reading Chapters 1-11 of Deity.

So what did you think of the book so far?

0 comments: