My Review of Deity by Jennifer L. Armentrout

9:00 AM Vi Win Win 0 Comments

"History is on repeat, and things didn't go so well the last time. " Alexandria isn't sure she's going to make it to her eighteenth birthday--to her Awakening. A long-forgotten, fanatical order is out to kill her, and if the Council ever discovers what she did in the Catskills, she's a goner... and so is Aiden. If that's not freaky enough, whenever Alex and Seth spend time "training"--which really is just Seth's code word for some up-close and personal one-on-one time--she ends up with another mark of the Apollyon, which brings her one step closer to Awakening ahead of schedule. Awesome. But as her birthday draws near, her entire world shatters with a startling revelation and she's caught between love and Fate. One will do anything to protect her. One has been lying to her since the beginning. Once the gods have revealed themselves, unleashing their wrath, lives will be irrevocably changed... and destroyed. Those left standing will discover if love is truly greater than Fate...

Oh. My. Gods! Jennifer Armentrout has done it yet again, people! I said it before and I’ll say it again, Jennifer is truly my favorite author and the Covenant series is the book love of my life! I swear, even days after reading this bad boy, I was still on a MAJOR book hangover and couldn’t think of anything else. Reading another book was meaningless because nothing could compare. Deity is THAT extraordinary and Jen’s writing is that monumental. She does this to me every time! After finishing one of her books, especially one from the Covenant series, I find myself daydreaming about all my favorite parts from Half-Blood, Pure or Deity. Every now and then, I’d sigh and whisper, “Aiden…”.

Deity pretty much picks up right after Pure ends and revolves around Alex’s inevitable Awakening. Alex is still as snarky and stubborn as ever, even with all that crap that has happened to her and I’m glad that throughout the series, she has never let anyone hold her back from doing what she believes is right. Alex’s compassion and inner strength really shines through in Deity and I love her so much more because you see just how much of a good person she is and what she’s willing to sacrifice for the ones she loves. Lets not forget how ridiculously funny and snarky she is though, because she truly made me laugh so many times throughout this book, she will definitely always be my favorite female heroine.

And did I mention there are actual freaking GODS in this epic bad boy?! Oh, yea! I’m a HUGE fan of Greek myth, which is what originally turned me onto this series in the first place, so to finally see some of the Gods show up is awesome. There are definitely some of my favorites that show up, some in VERY surprising ways, and I’m hoping there will be more in the later books. And oh, when Alex meets a particular God, let me just say, it is one of the funniest scenes ever! I was giggling the whole time (even thinking about it now makes me laugh)! *poke poke*

Oh, and if you thought that Pure was “the Seth book”, then Deity can be described “the Aiden book”. And dammit if that isn’t a good enough reason to read this one ASAP! You learn a lot more about Aiden, his past, and his family in Deity, which is so fantastic, and he even shows fans some skills you wouldn’t think he’d have. I love his passion, his strength, and most of all, his undying and unwavering trust and faith in Alex, which is so heart-stoppingly sweet and romantic, how can you not fall for this man?!

I’m definitely a spoiler-free kind of girl, but let me just say – CHAPTER 15!!!!! Be still, my heart… Seth fans, don’t fret! He is still very much a a key player in Deity. How can he not be since he is the Apollyon! As his and Alex’s bond becomes stronger, more of his truths come to light and you really can’t help but feel for the boy. Whether or not his intentions with Alex are true feelings, a personal motive, or apart of the Apollyon bond, will be seen. There are still a few “Seth moments” thrown in for your pleasure, and I can’t wait to see where Jen is taking this character.

I keep telling you guys, Jen’s books just get better and better. I find myself falling more in love with her characters, the plots are unforgettable, and the romance – mesmerizing! Once you start a JLA book, you seriously can not put it down and believe me, Deity is all that multiplied by 100! Truly an excellent installment in the Covenant series and one you’ll be aching to read again and again. Deity is packed with action, mystery, romance, humor, and so much more! Be forewarned, the ending is a killer and you’ll be begging and pleading Jen for even a glimpse of the next book, Apollyon.

*Please Note: This review was originally posted on my personal blog, Vi3tBabe, and was re-published here on Deity Island for fans of the series to get a more comprehensive overview of my thoughts and opinions of Jennifer's books in one place.*

0 comments: