About the Book
A bloody path has been chosen…
The war against the Titans continues, and they remain determined to wreak havoc on the world, but Seth has become something all gods fear. Now the most dangerous, most absolute power no longer resides in those who have been freed from their tombs.
The Great War fought by the few is coming…
All may doubt and fear what Seth has become. All except the one woman who might be his final chance at redemption. Josie will do anything to prove that Seth is on their side, but fate has a nasty way of changing lives, of changing people.
In the end, the sun will fall…
The only way they can save the future and save themselves is by facing the unknown together. It will take more than trust and faith. It will take love and the kind of strength not easily broken. No matter what, their lives will never be the same.
For what the gods have feared has come to pass. The end of the old is here and the beginning of the new has been ushered in…
Buy the Book: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Book Depository | Audible | Goodreads
My Favorite Josie Moments
1. The many ways Josie messes up the word "Apollyon". I laughed every time Josie would trip on that word and call it something else. It's a bit comical and I just love little things like that. (The Return)
"You're a polly-yon?..."
"You're saying I'm a...? You're a Pollyanna or something, and my dad is...?"
"And, you're not a demigod. You're the pollen-ann?"
"What? Do rolly-pollys not have basic manner or any personal boundaries?"
2. When Josie demanded to be trained to fight. I love how determined she was to defend herself and become stronger. She really didn't want to depend on anyone and didn't want to feel like/be a victim. (The Return)
"I want to be trained", I announced, and yep, everyone was really staring at me again, including Seth. "Like the...the Sentinels. Can you do that while I'm here?"
Marcus sat back as he rubbed two fingers over his brow. "Trained?" He glanced at Seth and then shook his head. "Josie, our Sentinels are trained from-"
"From the age of eight. I know, but I got my butt handed to me twice- when we ran into daimons, and then Hyperion. I couldn't do anything as those...those things big into me like I was a cheeseburger. Then Hyperion handled me like I was a ragdoll...I'm absolutely helpless if he gets in here."
"What can it hurt? If not, I'm just going to be sitting around, right? I can't do that. I can't just sit here. I have to do something. Please." And then I laid the only cards I had on the table. "If you can't do it, then I can't stay here."
"No one can watch me twenty-four hours a day. I'm smart. I'll find my way out." I met his glare with my own. "If no one can do this, then I'm out. And wouldn't that suck, being how important I am?"
3. When Josie used the air element on a rude/jerk of a pure. I could not stand this guy and his close-minded ways and was so happy when Josie put him in his place. (The Power)
"Energy burst out of me, lifting the strands of my hair. There was a second when I saw the shock flickering over Icy Blond's face, his response wholly comical. Mouth dropped open. Eyes widened. I sort of wished I had a camera to capture the moment. The ball of flames disappeared.
Of course, I blew all of them in different directions.
Icy Blond and his friend flew up in the air, knocked off their feet by a hurricane force gust...
A handful of seconds later, the two pures were up on their feet and they were...they were running.
I felt like a total badass."
4. When Josie met Alex. These two are a lot alike, and with good reason, so it was fun to see them together and see them interact. Of course, Josie is initially intimidated by Alex in various ways, but it's nice to see how their relationship develops over time. Either way, when they first chatted with each other, I loved it. (The Power)
"I hear there's something we have in common."
"We've both been with Seth?" I blurted out, and holy shitballs, I did not just say that...
"Oh my gosh, I mean, not that you've been with Seth, like with him. I haven't even actually been with him in that kind of way." Heat scalded my cheeks. I wasn't even sure if Seth and Alex had gone there, but I was seriously hoping that they hadn't...
5. All the times Josie never gave up on Seth, defended him, had faith in him, showed him he was worthy - all while still putting him in place and making him treat her right. There are too many moments to really point out, but it's laced throughout all of the books. I found it refreshing to see Seth through Josie's eyes, an outsider, and watch her change his view of himself and how he thought everyone else viewed him.
I had to prove what he believed wasn't true. Prove that he was the total of everything he'd done and not just the dark things he was ashamed of, and I would do so, because I loved him and accpeted him for who he was, for all his faults. That was what love meant.
Love fostered courage.
"You're worthy of love."
"You're more than worthy of my love." - The Power
March 19 - Krista Dust Jacket - Chapter 1 Reveal
March 20 - The Escapist Book Blog - Top 5 Seth Moments
March 22 - Jenuine Cupcakes – Q&A with Drew Leighty
March 23 - K-Books – Titan Series Dreamcasting
March 24 - Stuck in Books - Fave Greek God
a Rafflecopter giveaway